Marilyn Muller's Run for Dynamic Dyslexics
I've joined the Miles for Miracles team because I am the PROUD MOTHER of the DYNAMIC DYSLEXIC pictured here. I believe so strongly in all the amazing things Boston Children's Hospital does for kids, and most important in my life, what the Labs of Cognitive Neuroscience does for Language-Based Learning Disabilities...specifically, Dyslexia Research:
- As part of Boston Children's Hospital's Laboratories of Cognitive Neuroscience, their research focuses on children diagnosed with or at risk for various developmental disorders, particularly language-based learning disabilities. Their multidisciplinary team of researchers brings together curious scientists from the basic and applied sciences, such as neuroscience, psychology and education, with clinicians in various fields such as developmental pediatrics and child neurology.
- The Gaab Lab works on basic and translational research questions related to learning disabilities and especially typical and atypical language and reading development. We currently investigate a series of research questions, such as whether there are any neural pre-markers of developmental dyslexia in the pre-reading brain (infants and preschoolers), what the brain correlates of reading fluency are, or whether there is any connection between musical training and language and reading development.
- The hospital's patient care programs are unusually sensitive to what sick and injured children and their families really need.
- Researchers regularly make amazing discoveries that change children's lives.
- Boston Children's welcomes kids whose families can't afford health care--more than any other hospital in Massachusetts.
- Community programs makes a point of reaching out to help low-income and at-risk kids.
And the hospital doesn't just stop there. Boston Children's really understands the importance of training the next generation of top pediatricians and nurses, so they can continue to provide the best, most innovative care possible to kids.
Support my run, and support the hospital! Please make your gift today.