Welcome to Jenelle's Fundraising Page
On March 6, 2016 Jenelle was born but due to extreme cirucumstances surrounding her birth she had a stroke. After spending time in the NICU at Baystate she was referred to Boston Children's Hospital Stroke Clinic. This clinic is one of only a handful in the country that has a neurology team who specializes in pediatric stroke. Pediatric stroke is much different than adult stroke. When an infant has a stroke a prognosis is uncertain because the brain changes so much during developmental years. A child may not show symptoms of the stroke for months or years. We are very fortunate to have been referred to this clinic so Jenelle has the best doctors in the country monitoring her and helping as issues come up. Having a stroke as an infant or child means care and monitoring is needed throughout her entire life. However, to her that will just be her normal and we feel so very blessed that Boston Children's Hospital provides the amazing care they do.
We have joined the Miles for Miracles team because we believe so strongly in all the amazing things Boston Children's Hospital does:
- The hospital's patient care programs are unusually sensitive to what sick and injured children and their families really need.
- Researchers regularly make amazing discoveries that change children's lives.
- Boston Children's welcomes kids whose families can't afford health care--more than any other hospital in Massachusetts.
- Community programs makes a point of reaching out to help low-income and at-risk kids.
- Research discoveries made at Boston Children's—the world's largest research center at a pediatric hospital—are shared around the globe, improving the lives of both children and adults.
And the hospital doesn't just stop there. Boston Children's really understands the importance of training the next generation of top pediatricians and nurses, so they can continue to provide the best, most innovative care possible to kids.
Jenelle has been paired with an amazing woman, Brooke White, who will be running in the Marathon in Jenelle's honor. Brooke has raised thousands of dollars for Boston Children's hospital and we are so very honored to have her running for Jenelle.
Please support Jenelle's amazing runnner, and support the hospital! Your donation means so very much to us. Please make a gift today.