Maybe This Christmas '15 - Michael Maloney
This is my 5th year of running my "Maybe This Christmas Fundraiser" for Boston Children's Hospital, which has so far raised $1,600. When I was four years old, my parents received crucial guidance and support from Dr. James Kasser at BCH through my diagnosis of Legges Calve Perthes. The condition affected the shape of my right hip, initially spending a short time in a wheelchair and cast. After years of physical therapy, check-ups and help from Children's, I have beaten the odds of my initial poor prognosis of requiring a total hip replacement, am in the best health and will be obtaining my Doctorate in Physical Therapy in 2017 at Northeastern University.
- The hospital's patient care programs are remarkably sensitive to what sick and injured children and their families really need.
- Researchers regularly make amazing discoveries that change children's lives.
- Boston Children's welcomes kids whose families can't afford health care—more than any other hospital in Massachusetts.
- Community programs make a point of reaching out to help low-income and at-risk kids.
***For donations of $50 or more, I will write and record a song for you about whatever or whomever you'd like - a perfect gift for the holidays! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to get started on your song!***
This is my way of giving back, and there are several ways in which you can show your support:
1. Make a donation directly to Childrens through this official fundraising page
2. Download my album, Michael Maloney's "Maybe This Christmas ep" on Amazon, iTunes, Rhapsody or stream on Spotify - all proceeds are included in the annual fundraiser
3. If you're not comfortable online, mail your donation to Michael Maloney at 806 Parker St #2 Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120, writing all checks to 'Boston Children's Hospital' and
4. Even if you're unable to make a monetary donation, simply spreading the link to this page and word on all the great work Children's Hospital does is much appreciated!
Happy Holidays :-)