DCR Hatch Shell
47 David G Mugar Way, Boston, MA
The Walk route will take participants on a scenic walk along the Charles River and loop back to finish at the DCR Hatch Shell for food, fun and entertainment. Located near the Arlington and Charles/MGH “T” stations, it's easy to get here by train or by car. Complimentary parking will be available at the CambridgeSide Galleria.
The walk route runs along the Charles River.
Take the “T” (MBTA)
- Red Line to Charles MGH station – take the nearby footbridge across Storrow Drive and walk a few hundred yards upriver
- Green Line to Arlington station – walk up Arlington Street toward the Charles River and cross the Arthur Fielder Footbridge
Registered walkers can park at the CambridgeSide Galleria at no cost – just present the validation coupon that will be mailed to walkers along with their walk bib. From there you can hop on a free shuttle to the DCR Hatch Shell.
From 93 Northbound
- Take 93 North to Storrow Drive exit, following sign for N. Station/Leverett Circle.
- Stay left and follow signs for Museum of Science.
- Take a right on Rte 28 (O’Brien Hwy) going past the Museum of Science on the left
- Take a left at the 2nd light (major intersection) onto Edwin Land Boulevard.
- CambridgeSide Galleria is on right at the next light.
- Take a right to access CambridgeSide Galleria underground parking.
From 93 Southbound
- Take 93 South to Exit 28 (Sullivan Square).
- Stay to left up and down two long ramps.
- At end of 2nd ramp, merge onto Rutherford Avenue (by H.P. Hood).
- Stay to right at light at Bunker Hill Community College.
- Go straight over a bridge to the 2nd intersection – CambridgeSide Galleria will be on your right.
- Take a right to the CambridgeSide Galleria underground parking garage.
From Route 2
- Bear right at end of Route 2 highway, following signs for Routes 2 & 3.
- Alewife T Station will be on your right; this is Fresh Pond Parkway.
- Follow Fresh Pond Parkway through 1st Rotary (2nd exit) and then 2nd Rotary (1st exit).
- Stay straight through 2 intersections.
- Pass though the third major intersection, following signs for Storrow Drive/Soldiers Field Road.
- Stay on Storrow Drive until you see the exit for Central Square/River Street; take this exit.
- Stay to the left on the exit ramp and take a left at the light, crossing the River Street Bridge.
- Take a right at the end of the bridge onto Memorial Drive.
- Stay on Memorial Drive, passing Hyatt Regency on left.
- Stay left and go under the Massachusetts Avenue Bridge.
- Continue to the end of Memorial Drive, bearing right onto Edwin Land Blvd.
- Left at 2nd light to Cambridge Side Galleria.