Lucky Number 7! #WONTSTOPRUNNING
WOW, never in my wildest/craziest dreams did I think I would be here, honored to be selected to run a seventh Boston Marathon to benefit Boston Children's Hospital and our close friend and patient partner Tyler.
Pizza Night - 4/10 - Bertuccis Wayland Town Center 4PM-9PM - 15% proceeds donated to Boston Childrens
Trivia NIght - 3/21 - Joe Sent ME - Waltham, MA - Trivia begins at 7:30PM
In 2016 we welcomed Emalie Rose in to our lives and our world became richer, better and even more wonderful. Every day I count my blessings and I am truly gratefully she came to us in good health and full of life. Boston Children's affords children health and life. They know just how precious life is and they do extraordinary things on behalf of children and their families to bring solutions and comfort in the most trying of times.
Tyler, our patient partner now for nine years, was born with Tetralogy Fallot (the absence of a pulmonary valve) and other complications. He has been a Children’s Hospital patient since birth. He had an emergency surgery two weeks before my first Boston Marathon in 2009, where he received a significant lifesaving transplant. He had another major surgery to repair his valve just last year. It is incredible to see just how far he has come (and grown, nearly taller than me, and a teenager as I'm often reminded). He aspires to be a radio/TV personality and is a huge fan of Ryan Seacrest!
- Check out his video on this page and Youtube and he can tell you for himself!
- https://youtu.be/WI1vLDzleik (may have to copy/paste)
- He was also invited to participate in the band A Great Big World's incredibly moving video Won't Stop Running!
- https://youtu.be/K0Wi-2vVZKo (may have to copy/paste) #WONTSTOPRUNNING
I've joined the Miles for Miracles team because I believe so strongly in all the amazing things Boston Children's Hospital does for kids:
- The hospital's patient care programs are unusually sensitive to what sick and injured children and their families really need.
- Researchers regularly make amazing discoveries that change children's lives.
- Boston Children's welcomes kids whose families can't afford health care--more than any other hospital in Massachusetts.
- Community programs makes a point of reaching out to help low-income and at-risk kids.
And the hospital doesn't just stop there. Boston Children's really understands the importance of training the next generation of top pediatricians and nurses, so they can continue to provide the best, most innovative care possible to kids.
Support my run, and support the hospital! Please make a gift today- my goal is huge this year, and we need your help, every bit does count.
Go go go!!